T THE COMMANDMENTS OF CHRIST
Love your enemies; do good to them that hate you (Matt 5:44).
Resist not evil; if a man smite thee on one cheek, turn to him the other also (Matt. 5:39-40).
Avenge not yourselves: rather give place unto wrath: and suffer yourselves to be defrauded (Rom. 12:18-19; 1 Cor. 6:7).
If a man take away thy goods, ask them not again (Luke 6:29-30).
Agree with your adversary quickly, submitting even to wrong for the sake of peace (Matt. 5:25; 1 Cor. 6:7).
Labour not to be rich: be ready to every good work, give to those who ask: relieve the afflicted (1 Tim. 6:8; Rom. 12:13; Heb. 13:16,21; Jas. 1:27).
Do not your alms before men: Let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth (Matt. 6:1-4).
Recompense to no man evil for evil: overcome evil with good (Rom. 12:17)
Bless them that curse you; let no cursing come out of your mouth (Matt. 5:44; Rom. 12:14).
Render not evil for evil, or railing for railing, but contrariwise, blessing (1 Pet. 3:9).
Pray for them that despitefully use you and afflict you (Matt. 5:44).
Grudge not: judge not: complain not: condemn not (Jas. 5:9; Matt 7:1).
13. Put away anger, wrath, bitterness, and all evil speaking (Eph. 4:31; 1 Pet. 2:1).
14. Confess your faults one to another (Jas. 5:16).
15. Be not conformed to this world: love not the world (Rom. 12:2; 1 John 2:15).
16. Deny all ungodliness and worldly lusts. If thy right hand offend thee, cut if off (Tit. 2:12; Matt. 5:30).
17. Servants, be faithful, even to bad masters (Eph. 6:5-8).
18. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate (Rom. 12:16).
19. Owe no man anything (Rom. 13:7-8).
20. In case of sin (known or heard of) speak not of it to others, but tell the offending brother of the matter between thee and him alone, with a view to recovery (Matt. 18:15; Gal. 6:1).
21. Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart (Matt. 22:37).
22. Pray always; pray with brevity and simplicity; pray secretly (Luke 18:1; Matt. 5:7).
23. In everything give thanks to God and recognize Him in all your ways (Eph. 5:20; Prov. 3:6).
24. As ye would that men should do to you, do ye also so to them (Matt. 7:12).
25. Take Christ for an example and follow in his steps (1 Pet. 2:21).
26. Let Christ dwell in your heart by faith (Eph. 3:17).
27. Esteem Christ more highly than all earthly things: yea, than your own life (Luke 14:26).
28. Confess Christ freely before men (Luke 12:8).
29. Beware lest the cares of life or the allurements of pleasure weaken his hold on your heart (Luke 8:14).
30. Love thy neighbour as thyself (Matt. 22:39).
31. Exercise lordship over no one (Matt. 23:10-12).
32. Seek not your own welfare only nor bear your own burdens merely, but have regard to those of others (Phil. 2:4; Gal. 6:2).
33. Let your light shine before men: hold forth the word of life. Do good to all men as ye have opportunity (Matt. 5:16; Phil. 2:16; Gal. 6:10).
34. Be blameless and harmless, as the sons of God in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation (Phil. 2:15).
35. Be gentle, meek, kind-hearted, compassionate, merciful, forgiving (2 Tim. 2:24; Tit. 2:2; Eph. 4:32).
36. Be sober, grave, sincere, temperate (Phil. 4:5; 1 Pet. 1:13; 5:8).
37. Speak the truth every man with his neighbour: put away all lying (Eph. 4:25).
38. Whatsoever ye do, do it heartily as unto the Lord, and not unto men (Col. 3:23).
39. Be watchful, vigilant, brave, joyful, courteous, and manly (1 Cor. 16:13; Phil. 4:4; 1 Thess. 5:6-10).
40. Be clothed with humility: be patient toward all (Col. 3:12; Rom. 12:12).
41. Follow peace with all men (Heb. 12:14).
42. Sympathize in the joys and sorrows of others (Rom. 12:15).
43. Follow after whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous, and praiseful (Phil. 4:8).
44. Refrain utterly from adultery, fornication, uncleanness, drunkenness, covetousness, wrath, strife, sedition, hatred, emulation, boasting, vain- glory, envy, jesting, and foolish talking (Eph. 5:3-4).
45. Whatever you do consider the effect of your action on the honour of God's name among men. Do all to the glory of God (1 Cor. 10:31; 3:17).
46. Reckon yourselves dead to all manner of sin. Henceforth live not to yourselves, but to him who died for you, and rose again (Rom. 6:11; 2 Cor. 5:15).
47. Be zealous of good works, always abounding in the work of the Lord, wearying not in well-doing (Tit. 2:14; Gal. 6:9).
48. Speak evil of no man (Tit. 3:2).
49. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly (Col. 3:16).
50. Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt (Col. 3:8; 4:6).
51. Obey rulers; submit to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake (Tit. 3:1).
52. Be holy in all manner of conversation (1 Pet. 1:15-16).
53. Give no occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully (1 Tim. 5:14).